I have been practicing Yoga since 2000 and completed my teacher training with the BWY in 2014. I love to teach a theme for several weeks at a time so you can more fully explore what we are working on. Meditation is a key part of our Yoga practice so I almost always include this towards the end of the class, typically for 10-12 minutes. I have a clear love of delivering a deep relaxation at the end of a class not only to let the body pause and rest, but to round off the feeling of wellbeing so you can move on through your day in a more integrated way.
I mostly teach a general Hatha style class but also have a strong connection to Yin Yoga. I find this a great counterbalance to stronger forms of Yoga. Yin gives the time to feel deeply in to poses and allows space for the body to more naturally open deeper into the joints while working on the connective tissue in the body. I have found Yin to be a great way to experience the mind-body-breath connection.
- July 2018 Foundations in Teaching Mindfulness Meditation. Online with Yogacampus 60 days of daily study and practice
- June 2017 Basic Mental Health Techniques. With The Minded Institute 1 day event
- October 2016 Chair Yoga. With Mary Mackie (BWY) 1 day event
- November 2015 Deeply Awake Yoga Nidra Teacher Training. With BWY 40 hours approximately
- May 2015 Dynamic Anatomy for Yoga at Guy Hospital. All day event studying cadavers
- November 2014 Level 4 Diploma in Teaching Yoga (QCF). With the British Wheel of Yoga (BWY) 500 hours